Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Plastic Fantastic Jewelry





I just finished a batch of new work made with plexiglass cut outs. I am really like the coral design, and plan to offer earrings as well as three sizes of pendants. Next step is refining my drawing, and then I'm going to have the pieces laser cut. I'm super excited about this as it will save me tons of time that I spent cutting and polishing these guys. I am also on the hunt for lots more color choices. Stay tuned, as the large Coral pendant pictured at top will be available in a giveaway soon!
Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

penelope said...

sweet!

Pamela said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile now, and enjoy your work. The new coral stuff is great!

Was wondering if you could recommend a laser cutter - or if you have suggestions on what to look for when setting up with a supplier?

Thanks!

Kira said...

These look fabulous. Never has plexiglass coral looked so convincingly real... its a cool illusion.

Ashley said...

Pamela, I am brand new to the laser cutting thing. This is a friend of my dad's who is local that I'm going to try. I'll let you know how it goes give you his info when I get in touch with him.

Pamela said...

Thanks, Ashley. I recently discovered ponoko.com (so recently I haven't gotten any details yet) but would much rather deal with someone that comes with a personal recommendation.