Monday, June 22, 2009

I have the best dad!

I love my dad to death! He is really too good to me (mom is too but this is about father's day), I'm totally spoiled. Dad will do anything for me, and I am so lucky to have such a talented guy for my dad. My little niece, soon to be born, is gonna have the best grandpa too!

Why is my dad so great, you ask? Well, he makes things. He is a very talented woodworker, carpenter, and has now added welder to the list. He will make things and build things and fix things for me whenever I ask, told you I'm spoiled.

He built this workshop.


Here he is welding a new garden sculpture.
And me about to watch.


The finished funky junk sculpture.

He made this table, among many other pieces of furniture in my parents house.


He turned this bowl.

He is a farm boy at heart and keeps adding animals to the menagerie.



We went way out in the country so he could get some pecan and mesquite wood to make a cradle for his future granddaughter, now that is awesome!

Here is what I got him for Father's day. It is a huge spatula, made for fish, but you can use it for whatever you like. Also, this awesome Texas barbeque book, with recipes, history and tons of cool info. I made one of the rub recipes from the book too, and put it in a little jar. I know I can never repay my dad for all of the things he does for me. I just hope he knows how much he is loved and appreciated.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are the best daughter I have ever had!

Ashley said...

Haha, thanks dad! Being the only one helps.

penelope said...

i like your dad, too! and i think it's really wonderful that he is making his first grandbaby his/her crib. it'll be in your family for generations!