Monday, June 29, 2009

My mini vacation part 2




We did the South Congress thing in Austin last week. Getting out of the heat (104!) we ducked into Woodland for lunch. I love the way this place is decorated with a modern twist on a mountain lodge. It wasn't all looks either, the food was yummy and the lemonade hit the spot.


At Yard Dog, a folk and outsider art gallery we saw these works by John Langford and Brad and Sundie Ruppert.

Of course we had to check out the ever changing displays at Uncommon Objects. I love this place, they arrange their junk so artfully! I didn't find any treasures that I couldn't life without this time, but I sure enjoyed looking.


Of course I couldn't miss out on a dip at Barton Springs! I went late, at 8pm with my sister in law, and it was still plenty hot for the 68 degree water.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

kathryncole said...

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures of Austin! I lived there 8 years (many years ago) and miss it. I loved seeing your pictures!
Kathryn

Ashley said...

Thanks Kathryn! I love Austin too and I think it would be easy to live there.