Monday, June 1, 2009

My other life as a landscaper



I spent several beautiful mornings last week cleaning up and planting annuals in my friend Robin's yard. Frank and I designed and planted these beds over the last several years and they have grown up really nicely. I love plant shopping whether it is for myself or someone else's yard. The weather was perfect for working outside, and the plantings turned out great. I will get more pictures when the annuals are full and blooming this summer. I did the shady side of the yard too but didn't get photos of that.


The fountain is one of my favorite features.

This back courtyard is my favorite space.


Bookmark and Share

7 comments:

linc campbell said...

Great job!

BTW, I have new cuttings of the passion flower I took this week. Should be ready to transplant in a couple of weeks. How many do you want?

Mandi said...

I love that fountain! Everything looks great, and it makes me wish I had a yard.

alleycat said...

You are so very skilled Ashley. Robin's courtyard looks like the perfect place to chill. Wish I had an ounce of your talent.

Ashley said...

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to have a chance to share this as it is something I am really proud of.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Wow - your yard is gorgeous! Your fountain is just amazing. I just discovered your blog via Down and Out Chic, and I'm so glad!

Ashley said...

Thanks! I'm so glad you discovered my blog. I wish this was my yard. It is a friend's yard which we designed and put in. I'm working on mine but it won't ever look this great, probably!

Unknown said...

Weee haw!