Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Reasons I'm Loving Summer

Mint in my iced tea, grown in my own back yard. Why oh why did it take me eleven years to plant mint here? It reminds me of my Pawpaw, who always had a patch of mint growing and always put it in his tea.
 Mint in my tea

Parker County peaches, ripe, sweet, grown just down the road, and I bought five pounds. I must act fast and be decisive in deciding what to do with them before they go bad. These are the most delicious peaches I have ever had. Seriously!
 Parker county peaches

 Zinnias from the garden. There aren't too many this year, just the volunteers. I planted seeds late, and the ones seedlings that have survived are still small. I need to remember to reseed in late Summer so I will have more in the Fall.
 Zinnias

 I hope you are finding reasons to enjoy this season. I also hope you enjoy your holiday tomorrow, and be safe.

1 comment:

Connie Akers said...

Freeze some of those peaches for cobblers & putting on ice cream later in the year. I was thinking of your grandparents even before you mentioned Pawpaw. Love you.