Friday, March 4, 2011

My new favorite top

I made another top, and from my pattern reviews it looks like that's all I make! Oh well, I really love this one. I bought this fabric last summer at Mama Said Sew in Fort Collins when I was visiting the Frys. It is Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks collection in cotton Voile, and this is the second top I have made from her voile (first one here). I love it, it is so soft, fine and silky, it feels really nice against the skin and I adore the colors and pattern on the fabric too.
Simplicity 3835/Built By Wendy

I chose Simplicity 3835,a Built By Wendy pattern, which turned out to be super easy, with great results. It has a raglan sleeve and came together super fast. I left the elastic out of the sleeves because they weren't loose enough to warrant it on me. I also put little slits in the sides at the hip because it was just big enough and I didn't want it to feel restrictive. I will be posting my review over at Pattern Review soon, so check there if you want more info.

Simplicity 3835 /Built By Wendy Pattern

I have another soft cotton in my stash that I plan to make into the 3/4 tie sleeve version of this pattern. It is a plaid though and feels like it should be a fall garment, so it will have to wait. This pattern is out of print, but you can still buy it from Simplicity at the link that I provided above.

No comments: