Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What I'm working on


This pendant was inspired by Etsy Metal's monthly theme "green and new growth". I didn't finish in time for the deadline, unfortunately. I will get it finished next weekend and take a proper picture. It will be a spinning necklace and there will be a small chrysoprase cabochon on top of the turquoise. I was originally going to make a polymer clay component to put around the turquoise, but decided I like it just the way it is. I didn't have enough silver to make it so I used all copper. I like a mix of silver and copper, so I sort of see this one as a sample piece, though I still think it will be really cool. I was thinking that a silver version with keum-boo on the flat part around the turquoise would be really nice. Though I have never done keum-boo and not sure if it would work with all the holes.
We had a lovely weekend and got to spend time with some great friends. We celebrated a birthday with a great friend who had a delicious birthday brunch (first time to eat bagels with lox, yum!) and it was awesome! We also got a chance to visit with friends who we rarely see, the Plavidals. We arrived right as Penny was pulling these beautiful blueberry breads out of the oven. Good timing, huh? Penny was generous enough to send some home with us, and it is delicious. The recipe is from Cooking Light, but I couldn't find it on their website, so I suspect it if from the newest issue. The icing is lemony-cream cheesy-yummyness. Thanks Penny!

No comments: