Monday, March 1, 2010

I finished my cardigan!



And I love it! It was really hard to imagine how this was going to fit when I was working on it. Then all of the sudden last night it all came together. I love the fit, the drape, the yarn, everything! This is my first real piece of clothing to crochet and I am super happy with how it came out. I thought it would be a bit longer, not sure if my gauge was off, but I still think it is flattering. The yarn is an organic cotton, wool blend and is super soft, and I have a feeling it will only get softer with time. The pattern can be found here. I like how this cardigan is made, you crochet it flat in one piece and then seam the arms and sides together. I'm thinking that it could be made in any yarn and maybe even in other stitch patterns as long as you follow the dimensions. I will have to measure this one and put it to the test. For now though it is back to work on jewelry. I have an order of enameling supplies coming soon that I am really, really excited about. More on that soon....

2 comments:

Gretchen Schermerhorn said...

It looks so cute on you!

Amanda Conley said...

Way to go! That looks awesome.