Thursday, March 4, 2010

Green New Growth Pendant





This pendant was intended to be for Etsy Metal's monthly challenge topic "green and new growth". I missed the deadline, but was still eager to finish this one as it is a new design that I am excited about. The green part is obvious, and the new growth part would probably be about me trying something new. It is made with copper, silver, turquoise and chrysoprase. For some reason turquoise has been really hard for me to photograph lately, picking up lots of reflections. This is a really pretty piece of turquoise, mostly olive green with lots of veining and bits of turquoise color.

5 comments:

Viktoria said...

beautiful! love the different textures!

E² - Esther Eve Metalsmith said...

this.is.absolutely.divine.


you really should take on this look as a theme, it's really really interesting, wearable and beautiful!

susan said...

WOW!
I've been following your blog and love your past work but this one has such a earthy feel to it- almost like lace or sealife or an asterode~ keep taking chances- your work is great.
Susan

Ligia Rocha said...

Wonderful!

Ashley said...

Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate the feedback.