This is Frank's pillow, it sits on his side of the couch and I made it for him.
This pillow was in the planning stages foreeeever, it seemed. I do not own a stash of quilting cottons, so collecting up the pieces of fabric took a while. The sewing of the pillow was quick and went smoothly compared to the months of finding just the right prints. I scored about 12 yards of really lovely linen at my favorite thrift store early this year. It is a mustardy yellow, and I was really pleased with the gray that I got from dyeing this piece. A few of these cottons were from other projects, Karlie's Easter Dress, a skirt for me that was never finished, Karlie's Mermaid and her Bed Canopy and Scarves that I made for Christmas gifts a few years ago. The rest were newly acquired by my picky self. I chose by color and print, and can see now that I like prints with a textural quality to them. I can also see that I have a great love for Anna Maria Horner's designs.
The pillow is a simple envelope. Laying out the grid of circles took the most time. I used wonder under to iron the circles to the linen and then zig zagged my way around each circle.
I'm super pleased with the pillow and Frank is too.