Monday, October 19, 2009

Zinnias







I have been neglecting my zinnias for the last couple of months. I think it goes along with the whole too hot to go outside thing. They are still thriving despite my ignoring them, and have pretty much taken over the vegetable garden. In fact, I didn't plant winter veggies because I didn't want to pull out the zinnias yet, and now I fear it is too late. Maybe not though, I need to consult my books and charts.

I will most definitely grow zinnias in the vegetable garden again, however I may change a few things. I learned that thinning and pruning when the plants are young is a must. I would also stake them for sure. Right now they are laying every which way, except for one plant that I staked and it is at least six feet tall!

The ones that are my favorite are the cactus flowered zinnias. I think they were these seeds.
Bookmark and Share

No comments: