Thursday, September 17, 2009

Gruene, Tx

Frank chatting with a local

Townes Van Zandt on the wall

It was so cool to see the poster for Texas Metal Arts on the wall of Gruene Hall!

Texas' oldest dance hall

A week ago today we arrived late in the Texas hill country, my favorite part of my state. I grew up taking vacations to New Braunfels to float the Gaudalupe river, and was so excited to return. My parents, and Frank accompanied me to my show and we made a little vacation out of it. Thursday night we ate at the famous Grist Mill restaurant in Gruene, and popped into Gruene hall to check it out.
Bookmark and Share


tinyhearts said...

I love Gruene too, Ashley! My parents live in Boerne, and every single time I visit, we make our obligatory trip to Gruene Hall and drink many many Dos Equis. It's a magical place.

Ashley said...

Lucky! I grew up going to Boerne too, we had friends that lived there for a while. Is that where you grew up?