Monday, August 5, 2013

I miss my family

We went to visit my family in San Marcos weekend before last. It was a great weekend, with swimming, relaxing, visiting friends and my sister in law's birthday party. Of course it went by way too fast, and we came home exhausted, and then I proceeded to get sick last week. We did enjoy the weekend though and can never get enough time with our niece Karlie. I made her a Ballet Folklorico inspired dress. She is wearing it in these pictures that Frank took. My mom is going to add ribbons around the bottom of the dress for her.

These were taken at the San Marcos Farmers Market on Saturday.
 Family weekend Family weekend Family weekend Family weekend Family weekend

I used Simplicity 2377 for the bodice and drafted a Double Circle Skirt.

We visited a friend who has some land and lots of animals in San Marcos.  Now I'm daydreaming (even more) of moving down there.  Summers are made for swimming and there are numerous swimming holes.  Not to mention that I miss my family like crazy and want to be near them.  Visiting three or four times a year is just not cutting it.  I want to dye fabric and sew with mom, see Karlie at least once a week, swim any and every day of the Summer and perhaps go back to being a country girl.  I'm not sure Frank is convinced yet.

Family weekend Family weekend Family weekend Family weekend

My daydreams are contained in my Pinterst boards for the moment. They include living in the Airstream for a little while. I know it would be a challenge but I think I'm up for it. A hot tub wouldn't hurt!

We swam at Jacob's Well on Sunday.  Cold, clear water, my favorite type of swimming hole.
 Weekend in Austin

I made my Sister In Law a birthday cake, cause that's what I do for the people I love! It was Vanilla Cake with Caramel Sauce and (OMG! Where has this been all my life!) Whipped Cream Cream Cheese Frosting.
Weekend in Austin Weekend in Austin
Sorry for the super long post. I figured I better get it all in there since my blogging has been few and far between lately.

No comments: