Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Yes, I know Christmas is long gone and New Years has passed. I'm a little behind, okay? I couldn't let the holidays just slip out of mind without sharing my little bit of holiday cheer. It was a quite Christmas and New Years for us. We weren't able to see my family, which was strange for me. I'm going to Austin for a couple of days to make up for that and to say a quick hello to one of my best friends. I did a lot of baking in between the craziness of work. I didn't give out cookies to as many friends as usual, but did take a lot of them to work. It was fun because I wasn't the only one sharing baked goods in the days leading up to Christmas. Christmas cookies

I finished my felt garland and LOVE it! I saw the idea on pinterest and it worked perfectly. I cut circles from wool felt and then sewed them together with invisible thread. So cute and it came out a lot longer than I expected. Our tree my new felt garland Garland on mantle

I couldn't resist one new ornament, a Mariachi Kitty. This is the first year that we have had Roberta at Christmas and we needed a cat ornament for her. The guitar is a bonus because that is Frank's instrument.
 Mariachi kitty

It snowed on Christmas day! By the time we drove home from dinner at our friends' house there was a pretty good amount on the ground, well for Fort Worth, Texas! Family

We spent New Years at Frank's aunts party but didn't stay too late.  Frank said I was asleep on the couch before midnight, I think that's a first for me on New Years. Hapry New Year

I haven't made any resolutions yet. I haven't run for several weeks as I hurt my leg, then between the cold and the craziness of the holidays I took a break. My leg is better but it's still cold. I need some proper layers and some motivation to get out there in the cold! I really do miss running and after all the cookies I ate the past few weeks I really need to get back to it. So I guess running through the winter will be one of my resolutions.

No comments: