Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Could it really be?

It's hard to believe, but yesterday was mine and Frank's eight year wedding anniversary. Time really does fly. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from that day.

We married under a tree in the backyard of my childhood home. under the arbor of paper flowers one of my favorite shots

We danced into the night with some of our best friends.
I keep this picture in a frame by my desk, it may be my favorite memory of that day.

















Monday evening I saw a check that someone wrote at work with the date of October 15th and it dawned on me that the next day was our anniversary. Sure, I knew it was coming up and we had talked about it, but it really snuck up on me. It doesn't help that I'm on a nine day stretch of work before a weekend off. I'm a bit out of sorts, with days running together! We celebrated last night by making Green Curry for dinner, which was appropriate since we had our first date at a Thai restaurant.

I would say that we have come a long way, but really things are pretty much the same.  We live in the same house and have the same friends.  We lost a beloved dog and gained a silly cat.  Besides growing older, and possibly wiser, I think we are about the same people that we were that day.  We still love each other and get along awfully well. We have seen a lot of babies born and children grow like weeds, but none of them are ours.  We have a happy home, and that is what matters.

Happy anniversary Frank, I still feel like one lucky lady to have you as my husband.

No comments: