Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Back in the Swing of Things

It's been a while! We went on vacation at the beginning of the month, came back and had a long week of work and then more adventures. I have a lot to share but I figured I would start where I'm at and try to catch up. It's Fall! I started running again after almost three months hiatus from the heat. With vacation and life we have been slacking on the gym too, so I was really nervous that running would be like starting over. It was great though, I did almost four and half miles yesterday and ran most of it. I'm using Map My Run and love seeing where I've been. I so wish I had used that app from the beginning (it's been a year since I started running) so that I could have tracked my progress.

Getting started again Getting started again

Our vacation was a wonderful adventure, but we came home tired. We went to DC and New York and were on the go constantly. We walked miles and miles per day, especially in NY. The nice part about that was being able to eat whatever we wanted, and boy did we eat. So much good food. The problem was coming home and still being in vacation mode, eating everything but not walking miles per day. So I'm correcting my eating habits and getting back in the swing of things.  The weather is in line with the calendar for once here in North Texas and it feels like Fall.  Fall is my season, my favorite time of year.  I feel like I'm coming back to life.  For a healthy snack last night I had Noosa Lemon Yogurt wit frozen blueberries.  It was so delish! 

No comments: