Wednesday, December 12, 2012

On The Table

I had two days off in a row this week, which is a nice treat. I feel like I accomplished a lot yesterday, but still have so much to do.

I have quite a few projects going on at once. I'm still knitting the triangle scarf, and I'm working on a felt garland, which I have been wanting to make for several years. I'm also working on a shopping list for Christmas baking.  Between Pinterest, blogs, magazines and our traditional recipes I'm overwhelmed with options.
 On my coffee table

I made Karlie this Christmas dress with kint fabric from Girl Charlee. I'm putting a little early Christmas package in the mail to her today with some ornaments for her tree and this outfit. Karlie's Christmas dress

I do plan on doing a little bit of decorating, but it will be last minute like usual. I got an amaryllis bulb and some paper whites at work that I need to plant up. I don't know if they will bloom in time for Christmas but I'm okay with that. Christmas bulbs

We had a cold fromnt come through on Sunday and it hasn't quite warmed up yet. Between a pain in my hip and the cold I haven't been for a jog since Friday. I'm afraid the cold will drive me inside for the next few months, which I hate. I'm a Texan and a wimp apparently!

Frank put Lucy in her sweater yesterday morning and she got really excited about it. She is always cold in the winter and it is the only time of year that she cuddles willingly.
 It's cold outside!

I have been shopping for craft supplies for Christmas gifts and I have so many ideas for things to make for our house. I am so indecisive though and never know where to start. I think I need to start collecting small pieces of quilters cotton that I love for pillows and such. I'm not sure how that works when you don't have a pattern or plan in place. I have always shopped for fabric with a pattern in mind. I suppose I should just get a quarter yard of each to start a quilting stash?

I hope your Holiday planning and shopping is not too stressful and that you enjoy the season.

No comments: