Friday, September 14, 2012

Rainy Day

I have so been enjoying my walks. I have more energy and feel better. I'm doubtful that I've lost weight yet, it has only been six days, but I sure do feel different. Today would be day seven but it is raining and chilly and I have to go to work soon. Maybe I can go this evening. I have had trouble sticking to exercise routines the past few years, so I'm hoping this will be the change I need.

My routine has been to take Lucy for a quick walk around the neighborhood, then drop her off and pick up my music and water. I can't manage all three and she starts and stops too much and would tire out too fast to jog with me.

I have learned that I need music, and the right music to get me jogging and keep me going.  I'm working on getting some new stuff on my ipod.  I have also learned that I need to go out and back, not around a track or the neighborhood as I did yesterday under threat of rain.  

 Garden August 2012

Lucy is wondering when we will go for our walk. Rainy day stuck inside

Roberta is just being lazy as usual. Rainy day stuck inside

I had the last two days off and I did and didn't do much. Grocery shopping is done, and that is a huge accomplishment these days. I took my walks and worked on my workout music list. I went thrift shopping yesterday and scored some new jeans for work and a few tops. I also got dinner on the table two nights in a row, which is a big feat.  So nothing spectacular, just the normal day to day stuff.

With the weather cooling down it is starting to feel like fall.  We have had a couple of cool downs but so far have been right back to the hot days.  Everywhere I look, especially at work people are all about Pumpkin candles, Pumpkin Lattes, Pumpkin foods, and Pumpkins for their porches.  I'm not quite there yet.  Don't get me wrong, I love Fall and am so ready for it to be here, but I don't want to rush through it.  I am ready for a fall vegetable garden and went looking for plants yesterday with no luck.  Growing things in Texas is so much easier in the milder months and I want to take advantage of that this year.

Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo
Ashley

No comments: