Friday, March 9, 2012

Birthday Shout Outs

Today is my sister in law's birthday.
Yesterday would have been my Pawpaw's 97th and this coming Sunday would have been Granny's 87th. We always had a big family celebration for my grandparents.
I would have probably made them a tall layered Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing, or whichever cake they preferred.
My cousin's daughter was born yesterday on her great grandfather's birthday. How cool is that?!
I miss my grandparents everyday, more now that I reminisce on family gatherings.

While I couldn't make that carrot cake for Granny and Pawpaw I could and did make a cake for my sweet sister in law.  We decided on Vanilla Cake with Chocolate icing.
Happy Birthday Natalie!

I used Glorious Treat's Vanilla Cupcake recipe as well as her American Buttercream (with the addition of 4 oz of cream cheese and 1/2 cup cocoa powder). I have been extremely pleased with every recipe I have used from Glorious treats and these are no exception. I can't wait to enjoy a slice of this cake tonight!

I have also been asked to make cake or cupcakes for an upcoming baby shower being given for a friend.  I don't know what flavor yet, but I really want it to be cute.  The theme is Owls.  I did spy a cake decorating class in a couple of weeks at work.  Perfect timing!

Happy Birthday Natalie, Granny, Pawpaw and new cousin Emily!
Happy Weekend to you all.
xoxo

ps, I finally got around to scanning a bunch of old pictures of my grandparents and will share them soon.  I've been meaning to do that forever.

No comments: