Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Grandmother's Necklace

I was commissioned to make a Grandmother's necklace with eight birthstones.
The stones are Emerald, Sapphire, 3 Opals, Diamond, Garnet and Ruby.  We decided to arrange the stones by birth order and I think it worked out nicely.
I'm thrilled with the outcome!

IMG_0606_0032

IMG_0611_0037

IMG_0622_0042

I'm off to the zoo today with my brother and niece. I have finally recovered from my birthday weekend craziness and will post pictures and recipes soon.

The Thanksgiving craziness has already begun at work. Monday was busier than normal and I'm sure this weekend will be busy too. I have no idea what next week will have in store for me at work! It should be interesting. I need to plan out my shopping list now and not be shopping in the midst of the madness next week. I am in charge of desserts but think I want to make the Mad Hungry Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Vidalia Onion and English Cheddar that I made last Christmas as well. What are you planning for Thanksgiving dinner? Are you trying any new recipes?

2 comments:

Niky Sayers said...

Wow really beautiful!

penelope said...

that's really sweet. you did a beautiful job!