Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fall Palette Challenge Obsession

I mentioned the Colette Fall Palette Sewing Challenge the other day in passing, thinking that there was no way I could find time to participate.  Well, I became obsessed with the idea, as I tend to do, and created a palette and inspiration board.  I have two patterns cut out and plenty more in line.  I have no idea how many pieces I will have time to actually finish in the next 7 or so weeks that are left in Colette's time frame.  It doesn't really matter though as I need clothes, have lots of fabric and patterns in my stash, and will simply sew when I can find the time.  

I'm still narrowing down my fabric and pattern choices, and will get back to you on those.  The ones that I have cut out so far are Simplicity 2250 View A in a black and white polka dot cotton pique and 2305 view d in a lovely plaid pima cotton.  Both are Cynthia Rowley patterns, which I have been pleased with in the past.

Of course I had a hard time narrowing down my color choices and ended up with 8.  The Anna Maria Horner print in the middle was my inspiration and though I wanted to make a blouse with it.  It will likely be a skirt since it only comes in quilting weight cotton and not the sumptuous Voile that I have come to adore.  A few of the colors are already in my wardrobe and I won't have to make anything new with them. I also have pieces that I have sewn and never worn, which I plan to integrate into my new wardrobe.  Some need hemming, letting out, or were just out of season by the time I finished them.

I used Pinterest to gather inspiration.  I love that site and you can find my pins, including all of these pieces, here.

I'll share my progress soon!
Back to work on jewelry for now....
xoxo
Ashley

No comments: