Friday, June 3, 2011

So Seventies

And so awesome.
My mom made this great top in the 1970's and I am in love with it!


My mom made this top in the 70s before I was born, probably 1973. I need to find a picture of her wearing it. She did the embroidery and everything. I love it and plan to make it into the bodice of a dress. I'm hoping to find a linen or linen blend in the darker green. I will use the skirt from this pattern.

By the way, I scored a 1970's Bernina 831 yesterday and can't wait to sew on it. That will have to wait til next week because I have a busy weekend ahead. I have quite a few projects already cut and ready to go though. If anyone around here is looking for a decent beginner machine I will be getting rid of my Kenmore.

I hope you have a great weekend!
I will be swimming, browsing for junk at a swap meet and hanging with one of my favorite ladies and her family. Should be a blast.

No comments: