Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ahhhh Sweet Rain

We got some rain last night and the plants are loving it. I water the newer transplants and annuals daily, and even still they struggle. It is amazing how refreshed they look after a good rain.

Four o'clocks and canna blooming

My Cannas are doing well this year, better than ever before.

My cannas are doing well this year

Salvia Guarantica is one that really struggles with the heat, it looks great today.

Salvia Guarantica, really loving the rain!

The Morning Glories just keep getting better. Now that our new fence is up I'm thinking about putting my trellises along the fence with more annual vines.

grandpa ott morning glory

grandpa ott morning glory

another corner

The veggie garden is going crazy! I was out here last night building these trellises for the cucumbers to climb on. I think they will really appreciate it. I have already picked and eaten several baby cukes, but hopefully they will produce even better now.

Vegetable garden

Zinnias came up voluntarily in the garden. I think the seeds had been there for two years, just waiting for water because I didn't have a veggie garden last year. I have planted a few seeds this year, but am not having as much luck with them as the volunteers.

zinnias

The Veggie garden brings me lots of joy. I'm hoping that eggplant produces. If it does I will be making Baba Ganoush with homemade Pita Bread and some Eggplant Parmesan for my honey.

veggies

No comments: