Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Searching for inspiration

sketchbooks

Last week I was searching for inspiration for new work for my upcoming show. I pulled out all of my sketchbooks and looked through them for ideas. These go way back and aren't all of my sketches, I have more on loose sheets of paper in a folder somewhere. Some of these ideas were never made, some were. Either way the shapes and compositions still spark something in my mind and get me in a creative mood.

Seeking inspiration in old sketchbooks

Seeking inspiration in old sketchbooks

Seeking inspiration in old sketchbooks

Seeking inspiration in old sketchbooks

Seeking inspiration in old sketchbooks

Seeking inspiration in old sketchbooks

Searching through these sketchbooks led to new ideas and I did draw those too. I will share my new sketches and the work they are leading to soon.

Do you find your old sketchbooks to be inspirational?

1 comment:

kristien said...

How lovely to glimpse into your old sketchbooks, Ashley!
Yes, they are so inspirational...

I find my own ideas go in circles, so sooner or later I come back to ideas I've had years ago...and so I discover "new" ideas in old sketches and scribbles all the time. :-)