Friday, April 2, 2010

Pawpaw rocks





My Pawpaw was a big rock collector. Mom still has jars full of his rocks and I went through one the other day. Much to my delight I found these beautiful Lace Agate (I think) rocks. I wish I could cut them myself, but since I can't I think I will see if I can get them cut. I'm thinking flat backs but leaving the tops natural would be cool.

I wish I knew where these rocks were collected. Granny and Pawpaw traveled all around the Western United States after they retired. These were probably picked up in the 60's or 70's in their travels. Pawpaw had the concrete steps from his mothers' house in his back yard as a display for his rock collection. I'll have to find a picture of that. I wish I could have transported the whole collection and the steps to my house!

Unrelated: I was interviewed by Love to Know, check it out.

I'm getting ready for Fiesta Art Fair in San Antonio which is in two weeks. If you would like more info sign up for my email list on the right side of the blog and I will send out an email soon.

No comments: