Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Vogue 8379 Knit Wrap Dress

Here I am playing catch up on all things Fall, and Fall, my favorite season, is slipping through my fingers. We planned and saved and I sewed and sewed for our trip to Tulum. It was amazing by the way, and I will be belatedly sharing some things about the trip eventually. Let's just call me perpetually behind.

This dress is actually seasonally appropriate right now, but I made it late last Spring, too late to wear. It is made from this gorgeous, warm and squishy French Terry knit that I scored at one of the outlets on Harry Hines in Dallas last year for a song. I sewed it up into Vogue 8379. Vogue 8379 Vogue 8379 Vogue 8379 Vogue 8379

I slightly changed the construction to suit the knit fabric better. If I'm remembering correctly my only change was to eliminate facings in favor of bands, more in line with how I know to sew knits. It isn't my be all, end all of knit wrap dress patterns, but I do love it. I think it is the pleats at the waist that bring it down a notch or two for me. I like a wrap dress that is fitted at the waist and this one just adds extra bulk there, which isn't slimming. I notice know that It does show every bump, perhaps I need a slip underneath? I would recommend this pattern if you like the pleating detail at the waist. It is easy to put together and I love the slightly circular skirt. I think it is pretty flattering over all.

No comments: