Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sewing for the cutest little toot I know

Oh my, I have a serious back log of unblogged projects. My poor neglected blog had comments awaiting moderation and I just never get good pictures of my work. I have been sewing and knitting and plan to start sharing my work again. Here I am just now sharing the two gifts that I sewed for Karlie for Christmas.

As you can see these pictures aren't great and they are from Instagram, but I just can't help sharing the cuteness.  Every time I make something for my niece Karlie I think it is the cutest thing I have ever made and this apron is no exception.  The pattern is Simplicity 1536, an It's So Easy pattern, and it really was super easy.  Despite all the binding with bias tape it really came together quickly.  There is a matching pattern for mom, which I should make for my Sister in law as well.  If you need to sew an apron I think this pattern is great!  I also found small utensils and a little colander to go with her gift. Isn't she the cutest?!

The apron I made Karlie was a hit! #besttiaever

Karlie asked me for an Elsa costume for Christmas but I didn't feel like I had time to get it done. Instead I made her a Frozen inspired outfit that she could wear to school.  I had a lot of fun with this one and I think it is a perfect blend of casual and dressy.  This one is Simplicity 1332 and it was super simple as well.  I changed the construction of the cardigan a bit by adding a band of knit to finish off the front and bias tape around the bottom of the sequin ruffle.  As you can see Karlie was happy to model for me!

Little toot modeling the outfit I made her for Christmas. #sewing #besttiaever

I think those were the only handmade gifts I made for Christmas last year. Every year I swear that I will start earlier the next, but it never happens. One of my girlfriends turned 40 this week and I started her handmade gift on Saturday and finished on Monday, the day of the party. I don't think inspiration really strikes until the deadline is looming for me. Sewing for myself is a different story and I always have multiple projects in the works. Too bad I'm so terrible at documenting them.

No comments: