Saturday, March 2, 2013

So I did it!

I ran the 10K last Saturday. It was awesome! I was cold but did start to warm up about half way through, shedding layers little by little. I ran the whole stinking way and was so proud of myself! I finished in 1:04:22 and thought that was great for my first try. I was exhausted after and sore for a couple of days, but oh so proud of myself.

Here is a picture of me after the race. I was hoping to find some pics on the race website, but my bib number was on the back of my jacket, which I took off during the race, so there are no pics to be found.
 Just after my first 10K

 I loved the experience. I had on headphones and took them off at one point to take off my neckwarmer. I was blown away by the sound of everyone's feet hitting the pavement. The other thing that stuck with me is a snapshot in my mind of the race. As we turned East onto the Trinity Trail and the sun was rising in front of us, there was a sea of people running and you could see the breath rising from the crowd. I don't think that image will ever leave my mind. Such a cool memory! I'm planning on running the Capitol 10K in Austin next month. It is the day after my dad's birthday and I got that weekend off.

 I have lots of crafty things to share like baking, cooking, sewing, knitting and gardening. I hope to get around to that soon. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
xoxo
Ashley

No comments: