Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Treasures





I have this bowl of treasures sitting on my dining room table. My dad made the bowl, he turned it on his lathe. Inside is a random group of things that have been collected on the beach or given to me. The big 'ol chunk of labradorite was given to me by a rock collector friend of my brother. There is a broken shell hair thing (don't know the right term) that I bought on our honeymoon in Belize and promptly dropped on the bathroom floor of our casita. There is coral collected, I think, in Mexico at my cousins wedding, and a piece of a broken plate the color of chrysoprase that my mom gave me. All of these random treasures make me smile, and I'm glad that they found a home in my dad's beautiful bowl!

I also got a new table runner, which I love. I found it in my mom's massive fabric stash, which we are slowly working on de-stashing. I helped a bit by taking this off her hands!

No comments: