Wednesday, September 10, 2014

In love with Nettie

I have been a big fan of Closet Case Files since I discovered her blog last year. Heather's style is rocking and she is such an inspiration. I finally got around to making up her Nettie pattern and I'm in love! Nettie is designed to be a bodysuit or dress, but I made her into a top. I'm liking this fitted top and higher waisted skirt look on myself more than I ever have. I see many more Nettie's in my future. Oh the possibilities....

Nettie

My mom gifted me this lovely organic cotton knit that she bought at Austin Fabric Co-op when we were there earlier this Summer. She decided there wasn't enough for what she wanted to make, it was only one yard. I squeezed this Nettie Tee out of that yard. It is such stretchy and luscious fabric that I knew I wanted to make something fitted out of it. Nettie was the perfect match.

Nettie

I did the scoop neck and mid scoop back.  I used Heather's tutorial for adding to the insidescoop at the shoulder to prevent bra straps from showing with a scooped front and back. I neglected to take the top up at the shoulders which is a typical adjustment for me. Not taking it up meant the it is a little big at the shoulders and wanted to fall off of mine. I HAD to make it work so I added a tie to the back, to keep her from exposing my bra straps constantly. I think it works, and I'm so happy with this top.

Nettie Back Nettie Detail

I love this basic pattern, it is very well drafted and offers tons of options and plenty of possibilities for customizing and pattern hacking. I'm so glad I fell in love with Nettie! By the way, I made the skirt several years ago but I don't think I had ever worn it. The fit was too tight when I made it, but is great now and pairs perfectly with this top.

No comments: