Another Fall project that slipped through the cracks here, this top has been a well worn favorite. I made it before my birthday cause here I am wearing it at the Japanese gardens.
Then I found these pics on my camera.
Isn't she a cute top?! These pictures make me long for nicer weather and days like this.
I squeezed this bad girl out of maybe a yard and a half of Home Spun fabric from Joann that I bought on clearance. I matched the plaid at the side seams and cut the pocket on the bias and the yoke on the crossgrain. I also left out the wedge shaped pieced that were intended for the bottom of the side seams and seemed unnecessary to me. The pattern is Burda 7198. I shortened the sleeves due to fabric limitations and I added fish eye darts in the back for a more fitted look. I recently realized that I think I need a sway back adjustment. I always take some off the center back bodice at the waist in a fitted garment, and looser pieces like this tend to be baggy in the back. I had an issue with the fabric pulling at the button placket. My mom helped me fix it at Christmas, and I'm not sure what she did besides adding interfacing. The placket is sewing on top of the bodice and then you cut down the center with very small seam allowances. This fabric was too ravel-y for that and I'm not sure the remedy. I need to figure it out because I would love to make this again!