Monday, April 15, 2013

Lovely days

It has been a busy few weeks around here. My days off have been taken up by visits with friends and family, both in and out of town, hosting our nieces for a sleepover and getting ready to leave town. We went to Austin last weekend to celebrate my dad's birthday and see my parent's new house, which is lovely. We had a wonderful time and didn't want to come home. Then my parents came up this week and brought Karlie for a quick visit. I have spent most of my free time in the back yard, pruning, watering, pulling weeds. It is looking pretty good. Here are some of my favorite plants right now.

The poppies are blooming, as of today. Spring

Spring

I acquired a few new succulents in Austin and I'm loving them. My collection is growing. Spring Spring Spring

Frank turns Forty next week and we have no plans. He doesn't want a party, which I have honored. I am thinking apple pie and salted caramel ice cream, but he may have other ideas. Yesterday we played pool, rode bikes and grilled dinner on the patio. It was nice to just hang out with him all day and I'm hoping for more of that next weekend.

No comments: