Thursday, August 25, 2011

Smiles All Around

These were our fortunes from dinner last night.  Not so much fortunes as true statements about myself and Frank.  If you have ever met Frank you know his smile is infectious.  He can turn a sour mood sweet with his smile, so this "fortune" for him couldn't be more spot on.  I happen to think mine is pretty accurate too.


Speaking of smiling, this picture of Lucy smiling totally cracks me up and puts a smile on my face.


With Lucy being an only "child" now she is even more spoiled than before, if that is possible.  She definitely gets more treats than ever.


I finished Karlie's birthday gifts and think they are the most adorable things that I have ever sewn.  I will share them with you next week.  

I made homemade waffle cones last night, yes I may be a little bit crazy, but we scored a waffle cone maker at Tuesday Morning cheap (they have more).  We only have a one quart ice cream maker, so we can't make enough for the whole birthday party.  Instead we are making Salty Caramel and Banana Ice creams tonight to share with my family tomorrow night. 

I'm also considering making sugar cookies for the party, depending on how my day goes tomorrow.  I get obsessed with the idea of making something like that and just can't let it go.  Good thing people generally appreciate homemade goodies!

Have a great day, I'm off to check groceries.
xoxo

3 comments:

Connie Akers said...

Yes, you & Frank have wonderful smiles and definitely brighten my world. YUMMY! Can't wait to taste ice cream.

Karen said...

Karlie's gonna have the best birthday party!

Carolyn said...

Homemade waffle cones? Excuse me as I wipe the drool off of my keyboard!