Monday, February 19, 2018

2017 Makes

2017 Makes
I was inspired by Arrowmountain's post on Instagram to take an inventory of what I made in 2017. Being a procrastinator through and through, it is no surprise that it took me almost two months into 2018 to write this post. Partly, I was waiting to get my last two makes of 2017 photographed, and blogged and that is now done. So here you go.

Here are my maker's stats for 2017


  • 22 finished items
  • 19 made it to the blog
  • 11 Tops
  • 3 Dresses
  • 3 Skirts
  • 2 Knit hats
  • 2 Swimsuits
  • 1 Pair of pants
Patterns Stats
  • 3 Self Drafted
  • 3 Megan Neilsen
  • 2 Blueprints for Sewing 
  • 2 Papercut   
  • 2 Vintage
  • 1 Simplicity
  • 1 In the Folds      
  • 1 Colette         
  • 1 Built By Wendy 
  • 1 Deer and Doe 
  • 1 Tilly and the Buttons  
  • 1 Charlotte Kan  
  • 1 Closet Case Patterns 
After rounding up all my makes for last year I realized that I was much more productive than I had imagined. I call myself a slow maker and a procrastinator. I am those things, but apparently I am pretty productive when I am enjoying what I do.

I participated in #sewphotohop on Instagram last September and it really helped me hone in on what I needed to make, and have a solid plan. I did not make the two skirts, but everything else on this plan was completed. I focused on tops, and added some much needed pieces to the upper half of my wardrobe. I never made a solid Winter sewing plan, and here in Texas Winter is already waning. I do need to do this exercise again to focus my attention on what I really need in my wardrobe. 

Fall Sewing Plans

I loved putting the fabric swatches together and seeing where my color choices overlap and work together.

Fall Sewing plans

No comments: