Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cathcing up

This month is flying by. My computer died a few weeks ago and I am now sharing Frank's computer, so I'm back up and running.

I went down to Austin with my dad at the first of the month to see my family very briefly. We drove down late in the day and the sunset was so beautiful. It was one of those sunsets that lasts forever and keeps changing. I couldn't take my eyes off of the sky. Sunset on the way to Austin Sunset on the way to Austin Sunset on the way to Austin Sunset on the way to Austin

The whole reason for such a quick trip to Austin (only 24 hours) was to take this princess her Christmas gifts. She was supposed to have come up to visit with my parents but my mom got sick so that didn't happen. We gave her a Snow White barbie and she just had to put on her Snow White costume as soon as she opened it. Sorry for the blurry pictures, but I think they're still pretty cute. Karlie and barbie Snow white I made her a canopy for her bed and a pretty pillow that I will share soon.

I went for a run today and did almost six miles in just over an hour (1:12) and that was with a lot of walking.  The cowtown 10K is exactly one month away and I have two goals, mainly I want to be able to run the whole thing.  My second goal is to do it in an hour, but that one is not as important.  If I run the whole way I don't care so much about speed, but an hour would be nice to achieve.  I feel like it is getting easier again, after taking a month off and struggling to get back into running.  We went to a local park on Lake Worth Sunday afternoon and I ran on the trails.  That was a great workout, and I hope to do it again soon.

No comments: