Monday, October 29, 2012

Chihuly at the Arboretum

Mom came to town last week and we had a whirlwind day in Dallas. We started at the Arboretum. We had both been wanting to see the Chihuly installation since it was put up. I'm so glad we went, it is awe inspiring, and my pictures really don't do it justice. The arboretum is gorgeous on its own, I had never been. I'm hoping to go back with Frank so that he can see this show before it is gone as well.

Chihuly at the Dallas arboretum Chihuly at the Dallas arboretum Chihuly at the Dallas arboretum Chihuly at the Dallas arboretum Chihuly at the Dallas arboretum Chihuly at the Dallas arboretum Chihuly at the Dallas arboretum Chihuly at the Dallas arboretum Chihuly at the Dallas arboretum Chihuly at the Dallas arboretum Chihuly at the Dallas arboretum

These pieces will be on view through the end of the year, the exhibit was just extended for two months. If you have a chance to see this, don't miss it!

Mom and I also did some shoe shopping and fabric shopping (our favorite).  I came home with some beautiful linen that I dyed, a nice piece of knit that is being made into a tunic and a piece of silk to go with another hand dyed piece that I already had. 

No comments: