Monday, November 5, 2012

Good Morning

I have been feeling especially contemplative lately. Perhaps it is the election, or my upcoming birthday or the changing weather. I feel different, I feel myself growing another year older, and that's not a bad thing. I'm happy that November is here and these perfectly gorgeous days that go with it.

Good morning Orchid Orchid

I'm thankful for my wonderful and talented husband, and my loving family and friends. Though I may not be where I thought I would be at this age, I do feel very lucky in many ways.

I'm hopeful that this country will continue to move forward and not take us back to the bigoted and sexist past. I'm nervous for the election and perhaps for my birthday as well.

Though I love November, I dread the shortening days and the pace at which we all move these next few weeks.  I will not be ready for Christmas, I already know that. 

I am feeling creative and inspired to work on new projects, but time is short and the list of what I want to make is never ending.  I am thankful that I have a passion for making things and that I inherited and learned creativity from my parents and grandparents.

These are the things that have been on my mind.
I hope your week is full of love.
xoxo
Ashley

1 comment:

Connie Akers said...

I've been having many of the same thoughts. I am HAPPY today with the outcome of the election but there's always "the next one" (get rid of Perry). I love you and am proud that you are my daughter. Mom