Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Baby Shower Cake

Since I'm getting ready to bake up Frank's birthday cake I figured it was about time I shared the baby shower cake that I made a few weeks ago. After testing two vanilla cake recipes I settled on Smitten Kitchens Best Birthday Cake. Glorious Treats Vanilla Cupcakes were a very close second. I did a double batch and made a two layer 9x13 cake. I should have made two individual batches of batter because the double batch just barely fit in my kitchenaid mixer! I also didn't get the batter exactly even so one layer was taller than the other, but not by much. I also made a double batch of Cream Cheese Frosting. I made the Owl decorations in advance from my Marshmallow Fondant and piped the rest of the decorations on. I was really pleased with the outcome and don't know why I didn't get a better picture of the cake.

Owl baby shower cake

Owl baby shower cake

1 comment:

Karen said...

oh so cute! And delicious, for sure.