Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Off to a Good Sart!

Three days into the 2012 and I'm feeling good about what I've achieved so far. It didn't hurt that I had these three days off!

Sunday Frank and I took a hike a Sansom Park, a park on Lake Worth that is popular with Mountain Bikers, but was hiker friendly too. We had never been before and though it was not as secluded and awesome as the Fort Worth Nature Center, it was closer, free and still beautiful. We made Turkey Chili in the crockpot with enough for leftovers and freezing portions. We also made a list of potential meals.  Half the battle is always thinking of something to cook.  I figure I can refer to the list when planning my grocery list for ideas.

Yesterday I went on a deep cleaning spree of our nasty utility room. I desperately want to redo that room, paint, new linoleum and new shelving. If we had the cash I would love to put in a tankless hot water heater and turn the closet into a pantry. That would require fixing up our garage for storage of what's in that closet, my whole art show booth contents. Anyways, back to the cleaning. Our dryer has been broken for quite some time and we hang everything to dry. It's fine for now but we will probably want to get the dryer looked at to see if its fixable at some point. I vacuumed ten years of lint from under the dryer, I know, major fire hazard. I also found these treasures under there.
Probably fifteen guitar picks, a few bucks in change and a bunch of pebbles from my pockets. 
Cleaning feels good.
Under dryer treasures

Yesterday I also installed, in about five minutes, new lighting over my workbench. 
My old lighting was terrible and I've had this light strip for at least two years.  I felt so silly after installing it so quickly and seeing what a huge difference it makes.  Now to clean my bench area and set up my new flex shaft.  Did I mention I got a flex shaft for Christmas?  Time to bury the poor old dremel and give it a proper send off.  I can't believe I finally have a flex shaft after sixteen years of making jewelry.  Thanks mom and dad!
New lights over workbench

Here's to making 2012 the year of finishing unfinished projects.

1 comment:

PeculiarForest said...

Yay for the flexshaft! I have had mine for over a year and I think I could use it a lot more. I think I need a flex shaft lesson! :)