Friday, May 13, 2011

Where I've Been

I haven't been around much lately, and wanted to tell you what I've been up to. I started substitute teaching last week in Elementary school, and it is simply exhausting! On top of that we had a Mother's day celebration last weekend, and are preparing to celebrate my mom's birthday this weekend. I am making Paella, Sangria and Tres Leches cake and I can't wait! I'll give you a report of how they turn out next week. I have several projects that I am anxious to share with you, one is my custom order that is almost finished, another is a baby gift that I will share next week after I gift it, and the last is a top that I am almost finished with.

Another thing I have been up to is trying to get in shape. I have been working out at home with a combo of walking, bike riding, jump rope and some exercises that I have saved from magazines as well as the Pilates Ab Series. I am also trying to eat more vegetables and less sugar.

These pictures are from a walk I took with Lucy a couple of weeks ago. I started chasing the sunset and walked west from my house, it was so beautiful!




I love this motion shot of Lucy, blurry but it gives the feeling of how fast she is.


This is not my house, I just adored the vintage lawn chair and glider on the front porch! I want a vintage glider for my back porch so badly.
I love the vintage furniture on this porch!



It always surprises me how much better I feel when I exercise. I don't know why I forget so easily, because I get more energy and generally feel better when I do it. Wish me luck staying on track in the heat of the summer.

3 comments:

Amanda Conley said...

Gorgeous photos! Can't wait to see your other projects!

Beth Cyr said...

beautiful photos ashley!! the heat of the summer definitely puts a damper on the spring time enthusiasm.

La Alicia said...

great photos! can't wait to see your new projects. For the summer months, I suggest hula hopping in the A/C! :)