Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our Weekend

Gretchen and I

I hope you had a great holiday weekend. We did!
There was a lot going on this weekend, of course. We helped a wonderful friend celebrate her 40th birthday party at a funny bar called the Poop Deck. There was karaoke, good times and lots of love in that room. Penny, the birthday girl, is awesome and you could tell by the crowd that she is well loved. I sure hope there is that much love around me when I turn 40!

Sunday we chilled, cleaned the house, etc. Frank worked a half day yesterday and then we welcomed our good friends Gretchen and Eric. They were in town briefly from Maryland and we had a short but sweet visit that included dinner and margaritas at Uncle Julios. Gretchen is my oldest friend, we will have been friends for 21 years this summer. I have told you stories about her before, but have yet to ever post pictures of the purses that we made (and tried to sell) that first summer. I need to put that on my to do list, because they really are a hoot! We had a blast, and wished that we could hang out with them longer, but they were flying home today. Some day we will get up there to visit them in Maryland, we promise.

I love the picture that Frank took of Gretchen and I above.

I did get a little sewing done this weekend, and purchased some more Simplicity patterns at the Joann's sale. I know I don't really need any more patterns, but when they are $1 each I just can't pass them up! I decided, upon trying to get dressed for the party Saturday, that I need more dressy tops and more casual dresses. I also need shorts that I like, so those are all on my to sew list. Unfortunately, fabric is not as cheap as the patterns, and my time doesn't allow me to sew as much as I would like to. All I want to do lately is sew, and day dream about clothes to sew. I think I enjoy the planning as much as the doing and the outcome. Hopefully I will have a couple of finished garments to share with you soon.

1 comment:

Gretchen Schermerhorn said...

What a great time we had with y'all! It was inspiring to hear about your new projects and to see your beautiful backyard, and great to talk old memories and good times. (Oh, and fun to see those great pics of Frank when he was a baby!) We found a new swimming spot today, so maybe you all need to come see us this summer???!!
Love you so much!Gretchen