Thursday, January 27, 2011

This Week in the Kitchen


We had a bunch of potatoes on hand and I got the urge to make Baked Potato Soup. I baked the potatoes yesterday during the day and then whipped this up in under 30 minutes last night. Oh My was it delicious! You could, of course, leave out the bacon for a vegetarian version. It is a cooking light recipe, so not as fattening as it could be. I had never made this before and it turned out great, I highly recommend this recipe. Oh, the only thing I changed was I didn't add sour cream to the soup itself, just on top. Here is the recipe.

We also made a batch of bread last weekend. We went to a potluck and took three loaves, one to eat, and one for each of the other couples. It had been a while since we had made bread but it turned out great.

homemade bread

Don't worry, we are eating our veggies too! We discovered a love for Broccolini, which is delicious roasted with olive oil and salt and pepper, and have been making sweet potatoes and zucchini to go with other basics.

2 comments:

Amanda Conley said...

Oh my goodness- I love that soup! I make it all the time because it's the boys fave. Your bread looks yummy too!

Ashley said...

Amanda, I'm so glad I discovered it and am sure it will become a regular for us too!