Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cooking day

I'm doing some prep work for our Saturday meals. We are lucky to have some wonderful friends that we will celebrate with on Saturday. We are spending the day in Fort Worth and will do Breakfast with one set of friends and Dinner with another.

My contributions are, for Breakfast our favorite Waffle Recipe, and for dinner, Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Vidalia onion and English Cheddar from Mad Hungry (my new favorite show),a different type of Cornbread Stuffing that my Aunt makes and we love, and Praline Pecan Pie.

Speaking of prep work, I bought myself two new kitchen gadgets that are saving me time. A pastry scraper thing that also measures, really helps with transferring chopped stuff. Also, a mandolin which made quick work of slicing the onions, and will be used to slice sweet potatoes as well. Both were bought with coupons on the cheap, fyi!



After a coffee break I will be making one more batch of sugar cookies. They were a favorite from the cookies last week and I know all the kids and adults alike will enjoy them tomorrow night at my Mother in law's house.


I will be taking a break from blogging for a while. Next week my big plans are cleaning out closets, cupboards, drawers, etc and maybe some painting of walls. I'll let you know what I get done.

3 comments:

Amy Nicole/RubyMtnBeads said...

Merry Christmas Ashley!

Karen said...

where'd you find your cooking tools on the cheap?

Ashley said...

I emailed Karen to answer her question, but in case anyone else is wondering: The mandolin came from World Market and the bench scraper is from Joann. Both purchased with coupons!