Friday, September 3, 2010

Whole Wheat Crust




We hadn't made a pizza in a while and I had everything on hand, so we made one last night. When I made my favorite dough I had run out of white flour and added some whole wheat flour. I like to quadruple the recipe, so that was 3 cups of white to one cup of wheat. I divide and freeze the extra dough for later. I wasn't sure how the crust would be with whole wheat, in my experience whole wheat can make dough really heavy. That wasn't the case at all here and it was delicious as always! I know it isn't 100% whole wheat, but adding some has to be better than none, right?! Pizza is indulgent, but I only had one slice with a big salad. YUM!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I've used that ratio of white to wheat in other baking with success--especially heartier things like banana bread. Your pizza looks gorgeous!