Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Great Friends + Great Times!

Last Friday morning I was up early and on the road for a quick girls trip. My friend Alley had suggested that we go down to Austin to see The Mynabirds. It was a blast, we shopped on South Congress, at Waterloo and goofed around before the show as you can see below. The band was great and we were back on the road early Saturday morning.

By the way, I am loving my NPR music app for the iphone! I can sit at my workbench and listen to music by all kinds of different artists. When Alley told me about this band that is exactly what I did to hear them for myself. You can see their Tiny Desk Concert from NPR here.


Brian and I posing with the bear at the Mowhawk
Having fun at the Mowhawk

Alley making me laugh
Having fun at the Mowhawk

My beautiful accomplice, Alley
Alley at the show

The ladies of The Mynabirds on stage

The reason we had to be back so early on Saturday was that Frank and I were attending a party for our friends Robin and Chase. These guys are two of our favorite people and they are getting married this fall.

Robin and Chase- love those guys!

I found this awesome print on Etsy for one of their wedding gifts. It is from Roll and Tumble Press and they have some great stuff in their shop. This sweet image could not have been more perfect for two soon to be newlyweds!

Sunday we had the Cervantez family reunion, so needless to say it was a wild weekend. Well, I better get back to work. I am trying to finish up everything for Texas Metal Arts at a mad pace!

3 comments:

La Alicia said...

looks like you had a blast! good luck at the TMA!

Karen said...

Fun trip--and I love that yellow top you have on in the last pic. Did you make it?

Ashley said...

Thanks Karen, I did make it. Here is more info about the pattern and fabric:
http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&reviewnum=52851