Friday, July 16, 2010

New Linen Top


I cut this top out a few nights ago not expecting to sit down and sew til midnight! I just love this fabric so much and was so excited to get it done that I couldn't help myself. This is Simplicity 2594 and is quite easy to sew. I love the outcome and think it is a flattering fit. This top is cut on the bias and has a draped neck. With my petite stature the back was too baggy, so mom helped me make two long darts in the back to take some of that bulk out. I cut the top smaller at the shoulders and larger at the hips, which is a usual alteration for me. I think this one is more fitted than the pattern image shows, but I like it that way. I got this lightweight crossweave linen at Joann's (they still have it at mine) and it is really beautiful.

2 comments:

Gretchen Schermerhorn said...

Ashley, this top is so pretty. I love the color and cut, and it looks great on you!

Ashley said...

Thanks G!