Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bridesmaid dress sneak peek


I'm working on a bridesmaid dress for a wedding that I will be in in November. My mom is helping, thank goodness! I was so nervous to cut up all this pretty silk. I have a linen weave silk for the dress, silk dupioni for contrast and silk organza for a pleated ruffle that will peak out of the bottom, all in Navy Blue. I think it is going to be gorgeous! This is Vogue 8494 and we are going to add little flutter sleeves like these. I made a wearable muslin for this that fits great. It still needs to be hemmed and then I can show you how cute it is. The picture shows the unlined bodice and the dupioni contrast laying on top of it. I love the linen weave silk so much and am glad I chose that for this special dress.

1 comment:

Karen said...

pretty! Thanks for showing your progress so far.