Monday, May 31, 2010

I see a cobbler in my future

The dewberries are ripening at my parents house, and oh boy are they delicious! Mom has a fabulous and easy cobbler recipe, and I'm sure we will be whipping up at least one before long. I'll share the one dish dessert recipe when we make it. For now check out the size of those berries. These plants came from my Granny and Pawpaw's garden in Houston and I'm really going to miss the berries when my parents move to the Hill Country!




On an unrelated note, I saw another sunset over our street last week! These photos are making it seem like a common occurrence, but it is really very rare. This image makes me so happy.

2 comments:

Rose said...

HOLY WOW! Those are HUGE! My mouth is watering just looking at them! Though, I've never had a dewberry before. They look just like blackberries but Wikipedia says they're more like raspberries? Hmm.

Waait. I think I may have had dewberry tea before but I can't remember.

Looking forward to the cobbler post! :D

Ashley said...

Rose, I'm thinking these may be a hybrid. I would say they taste more like a blackberry than a raspberry. I imagine I'll be making cobbler this week, so stay tuned.

It is hard to no just eat every one that you pick though.