Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mmmmm!!!

and I made carrot cake!

We celebrated my dad's birthday last night and I made him a homemade carrot cake. Boy was it yummy! I used this recipe but left out 1 cup of powdered sugar from the icing and only did two layers. This was my first from scratch cake with homemade icing and layers.

Now I want to make more cakes!

I know I have mentioned how great my dad is before, but I have to brag again. Today he is helping me make new displays for my show next week. Thanks Dad, and Happy Birthday.

Is it time for a cofffee break (I mean carrot cake break) yet?

2 comments:

ArtAfterDark said...

Happy B-Day to your wonderful Dad! My Dad helped me with my displays when he was still with us and able to work. Some good memories and a lot of hard work. I hope they know how much we appreciate them! That cake is a great start! Love carrot cake!

Amanda Conley said...

It looks delish! You've given me the craving for carrot cake.....