Monday, February 15, 2010

A Sweet Weekend



On Saturday Frank and I went to see Crazy Heart with some friends. We had been waiting a while to see this movie and it just came to Fort Worth. I was afraid that I had built it up too much in my head, but fortunately it totally lived up to my expectations. Jeff Bridges is great in this movie. The music is great and has a timeless feel to it. Several of the songs were written by Fort Worth native T. Bone Burnett, who is also a producer on the movie. I heard this interview with him on NPR about a month ago, worth a listen if you are interested in the movie or country music in general.

After the movie we went to Angelo's for barbeque. I had never been to this Fort Worth institution before, and I must say I am hooked. Here we are posing with the Angelo's bear, Frank is about to slap him cause I'm dancing with him!

On Sunday I made the Rustic Chocolate Pie again. Frank helped me make chocolate covered strawberries, and I also made homemade whipped cream for the first time. It was definitely a weekend of overindulging!


I found this awesome letterpress card for Frank on etsy. It is from Louella Press and they have lots of great stuff. I just can't get enough of letterpress cards!

3 comments:

Rat Trap Press said...

That pie looks good! I'm trying to encourage my wife to bake more.

Ashley said...

It is super yummy!

Lena said...

That dirty bear!